Ice Rink size is 135 x 65
Rates for rental of the Ice
$158 + HST for Prime Time Hours
Monday to Friday: 4pm to 11pm
Saturday: 8am to 11pm
Sunday: 8am to 6pm
$90 + HST for Non-Prime Time Hours
Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
Satisfies the excess demand for ice time at a lower cost
Youngest players begin their development on smaller ‘age-appropriate’ rinks
Smaller groups are more conducive for skill development (i.e. higher instructor-to-player ratio)
3-on-3 hockey ensures each player is more involved and handles puck more often teaching and fostering elusive “hockey sense”
Simulates ‘high traffic’ situations- players are forced to ‘read and react’ much faster…more 1v1 battles
Puck-handling skills are challenged by confined spaces; players must develop quick hands and superior skating edge control..more touches maximizes quality of ice time
Promotes puck protection techniques; puck positioning and strength on stick
Lateral skating ability, a trait that all top players possess, becomes a priority
Age appropriate training rink size for youth leagues
WHAT’S HAPPENING ON THE POND
Quinte Hockey Development Academy at the Pond
redefining Hockey Development in Quinte
2018/2019 Season Starts September 15th
REGISTRATION AS FOLLOWS •
• INITIATION PROGRAM (IP/LITTLE RHINOS): $350.00 – Sign Up Here
• TYKE – NOVICE: 5 V 5 HOCKEY ON OUR AGE APPROPRIATE RINK • $400 – Sign Up Here
• ATOM: 5V5 • $400 – Sign Up Here
• PEEWEE – MIDGET: 4V4 AND 3V3 • $400 – Sign Up Here
YOUR HOCKEY DEVELOPMENT REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
• 1 GAME PER WEEK* ALL AGE GROUPS LITTLE RHINOS – MIDGET
• 1 PRACTICE PER WEEK (INITIATION-TYKE – ATOM)
• PEEWEE – MIDGET 4V4 AND 3V3 … FULL PLAY-OFFS WILL INCREASE GAME COUNTS DEPENDING ON NUMBER OF SIGN UPS.
• TEAM PARTIES DISCOUNTED AT RHINO SPORTS FOR END OF YEAR
• ACCESS TO PLAYER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• COACHES WILL ASSIST VOLUNTEER COACHES WITH PRACTICES TO ENSURE HIGH LEVEL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS 8AM – 12PM
email@example.com • 613-969-6564
* There are a few exceptions to weekly games / practices based on ice availability and holidays. However, each team receives 20 league games at all levels. Tyke thru Peewee divisions receive approximately 20 practices, Initiation (little Rhinos) receive a full practice, 20 games and 20 practices.
Compare us to the alternatives….
MORE ice, SMALLER player to coach RATIO,
MORE touches on AGE APPROPRIATE ICE.
Public Skating Every Saturday and Sunday 2pm – 4pm
$3 per person +HST or free with paid General Admission (September – June)
Rules of Conduct:
All patrons who participate in ice skating programs must respect the following rules:
Skate in the same direction as the other skaters
Horseplay, skating backwards, ﬁgure skating skills, speed skating is not permitted
Balls, pucks, chairs, pylons or hockey sticks are not to be used while skating (Skating aids will only be permitted during specially scheduled ‘Family Skates’) Headsets, cell phones, or hand held electronic devices are not to be used while skating
Children should wear helmets and mittens/gloves
Carrying of children is not permitted (games, tag, etc)
Strollers, wagons, toboggans, etc. are not permitted on the ice
Sitting or climbing over the boards is not permitted
Maximum ice capacity is 80 skaters
HELMETS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR EVERYONE ON THE ICE.
Reminder: Please leave valuables at home.
Please note the Public Skating schedule is updated on a monthly basis and is subject to change.